onsdag 9. september 2009

Too lucky for my own face

In the past I have been reluctant to attempt to disprove karma, although I have always had my doubts towards the teachings of Carson Daly and his missionary whose Name Is Earl, but seriously karma...

I have been sneaking on the public transport/moving trash-heap of Oslo for about a month now, hearing tales of people getting caught sneaking all around me and yes I have had my share of flickering eye-movement, suspicious staring and boogie-woogeing libs, but I have not seen a single ticket checking dude or dudette.

Today however, I finally managed to locate the student office to pick up my semester card and took the time to buy the illustrious student card for public transportation. Thus I proudly stamped my card and stepped onto the tube as a good citizen paying her transportation dues.

About thirty seconds later I absent-mindedly step of the tube at Jernbanetorget with my mobile to my hear and what do I see?! Yes, it is a blue clad army of ticket inspectors scowling at me with their narrow inspector eyes smelling my surprise and guilt.

Sadly for them I whipped out my freshly purchased and stamped card with my best Mona Lisa expression, let them stare at it unbelievingly for a bit and then I triumphantly walked past them.

Karma, have you forgotten me or am I still feeling the good karma from my early refusals to knock on peoples doors as most children of Jehovah Witnesses are somewhat coerced to do?

Hare Krishna

Siren

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Blogglisten