mandag 1. august 2011

Deflowering Botanical Gardens

I had a great shoot in Oslo Botanical Gardens last week. A talented young lady sent me her idea and a request for me to model for her via facebook. I couldn't see the connection between her and me, and frankly, I'm great at facebook-stalking out any information about someone that I might need. I immediately liked the (lady)balls on this young woman and agreed. Why say no, really? Either I get some good shots or I can forget about the ordeal immediately after and giggle at the horrendous pictures when/if they are sent to me. I've had a few iffy experiences (one with stuffed Angry-Birds and early 2000s "vintage" comes to mind..) but they usually can't be bothered sending me any photos anyway

She asked me to come without makeup, wearing high-waisted shorts and that the idea for the shoot was heroin-chic. Some might think heroin-chic to be something other than a compliment on ones appearance, but for a skinny, pasty, boy-girl like me it was what I assume Christmas feels like for spoiled children in the American mid-west!

I was in and out of there in under an hour. Guro gave up all control of me and let me do my best Jack Duluoz (Pseudonym for Jack Kerouac in Vanity of Duluoz) if he where stuck on an island with nothing but his precious drugs for company; and nothing to write on!
I should think it would lead to a similar delusion of grandeur as felt by me yesterday when I was the only short-haired and boob-less girl at the casting for Oslo Fashion Week. I though: "They have to pick me, I'm special." Although I doubt that was what the casting people thought. I should expect my glow of confidence translated to a malevolent glitter of douchebaggery.

(Photo: Guro Torget. No make-up, styled by Guro)

After I had been in the casting I suddenly found several more short-haired girls waiting to go in and shatter my only castable advantage and as I talked to one of them, she told me she was on the cover of this seasons OFW magazine! I would be jealous, if she weren't so stunningly beautiful.

Hare Krishna

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Blogglisten